- 2 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup granular sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 each eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 packages sugar in the raw
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cream sugar, butter and shortening
- Stir in eggs and almond extract
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes
- Roll dough into 2 teaspoon balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the raw sugar
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently press the tops flat with a spoon while still warm.
- Return the dough to the refrigerator between batches.
- Cool on a cooling rack.