Alberta Wild Rice With Pine Nuts And Fresh Rosemary Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. wild rice
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 sm sprig rosemary
- 1 x bay leaf salt pepper
- 3 1/4 ounce pine nuts
- 2 sprg mint
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- Put the wild rice and the vegetable stock in a medium sized saucepan and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, add in the bay leaf, the rosemary and simmer for 20 min or possibly till the rice is cooked.
- In the meantime, roast the pine nuts on a non-stick baking tray in a 350 degree oven for 3 min or possibly till they become golden.
- When the rice is cooked, set it aside to cold before combining it in a bowl with the vinegar, the oil and the minced mint.
- Add in the roasted pine nuts, season to taste and serve this salad with fish or possibly by itself.