Asia Nora Mint Raita
- 12 cup low-fat yogurt, drained if possible
- 12 cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 pinches ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- If you have time, put the yogurt in a cheese cloth-lined colander and drain it in the refrigerator for at least one hour, preferably more.
- This will produce a thick yogurt, which when mixed with the cucumber will produce a thicker and less watery raita.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber very well between your fingers to drain it.
- This prevents the raita from being too watery.
- Mix the cucumber with the yogurt, cumin and mint.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.