Apple Oatcakes Recipe
- 3/4 c. Oatmeal
- 2 c. Warm water
- 3/4 c. Butter
- 2 x Minced, (unpeeled) yellow or possibly green apples (add in just before cooking), up to 3
- 1 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 3 x Large eggs
- 2 c. Flour
- 1 c. Wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 c. Heavy cream, (don't use ultra-pasteurized)
- 1 Tbsp. Buttermilk
- Mix & Cook 20 min:Mix oatmeal mix ingredients.
- Beat together sugar mix.
- Add in the rest to cooked oatmeal mix along with brown sugar and Large eggs.
- Cook on griddle like pancakes, batter will be thick, spread around a little with spoon.
- Serve with cream fraiche, minced walnuts and maple syrup.
- Cream Fraiche:Mix 1 c. heavy cream (don't use ultra-pasteurized) and 1 Tablespoons buttermilk.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temp.
- for 24 hrs then chill.