Arugula, Red Onion and Orange Salad W/ Orange Curry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, ninced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 2 navel oranges
- 12 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a small sauce pan and reduce to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer reduction to a small bowl and whisk in the garlic, vinegar, oil, curry, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the peel from top and bottom of the oranges.
- Set each on end and remove outer skin & pith.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick rings.
- Place onion and arugula in a medium salad bowl and top w/ oranges.
- Toss w/ vinaigrette and serve immediately.