Apple And Oat Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 3/4 c. Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses
- 3/4 c. Apple Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 c. Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Oats
- 2 c. Whole Wheat Flour (10.8 Ounces)
- 1 c. Flour, Unbleached (5.2 Ounces)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Whey Powdered
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- Put ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed, or possibly in the reverse order if the manual for your machine calls for dry ingredients first and liquids last.
- Select Basic Wheat Cycle, Light setting (or possibly the equivalent setting for your machine).
- Push Start.
- NOTES :This recipe gives both measurements for the whole wheat and unbleached flour.
- You can either use the c. or possibly measure it by the weight.
- I have found from experience with this book which the recipes are far more superior if you weigh the flours instead of measuring by the c.. As the book explained, the reason for this is because all flours weigh differently and you don't get the right abouts if measured by c. (ie.
- wheat flour is a heavyier flour that requires gluten to help it rise.
- If you used the same amount of a lighter flour it would put too much flour into the recipe and cause it to be too dry among other things.)
- I use a small digital scale when I measure my flours.