A Lucky Accident
- 3 small carrots diced
- 2 small parsnips diced
- 1 medium turnip cut in chunks
- 2 each celery stalks and leaves, diced
- 1 large onions stuck with 2 cloves
- 1 can tomatoes with liquid
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 small parsley leaves flat-leaf, small bunch
- 1 each bay leaves
- 1 x rosemary leaves fresh
- 1 x thyme fresh
- 1 x black peppercorns
- Put 3 quarts of water in the bottom of a large stock pot with a pasta insert.
- Add the tomato liquid and tomato paste.
- Put all of the other ingredients in the pasta insert.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 3 hours.
- Lift out the pasta insert, letting out the liquid fall back into the pot.
- Press down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible and return all the liquid to the pot.
- Discard the solids.