- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. onions finely diced
- 5 x cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. unsalted chicken stock
- 2 lrg yuca peeled and diced
- 4 x ears yellow corn sliced 1" thick one lime juice of
- 3 lb chicken in bite size pcs
- Heat the butter in a 6 quart.
- pot over medium heat.
- Cook chicken pcs in the butter till no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon and place in in a bowl.
- Put onion, garlic, cayenne, and paprika in pot and cook while stirring, till onion is translucent/soft and colored with the paprika.
- Add in stock, lowfat milk, yuca, corn, and chicken to the pot.
- Bring almost to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring every now and then, for about 1 hour, or possibly till yuca is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Serve with Cuban or possibly French bread which has been sliced and broiled till golden brown.
- As an alternative, frzn corn on the cob will work, as well fresh frzn kernels.
- The fresh corn cob seems to impart a nice flavor to this dish.
- If you're wondering what to do with the wheels of corn, just pick 'em up with your fingers and nibble 'round the rims.