2 Terrific Salad Sides: 3 Bean Salad And Potato Salad Recipe
- 16 x new red potatoes Coarse salt for boiling water
- 1 x red bell pepper seeded, minced
- 1/2 x red onion minced
- 1/4 c. minced fresh mint
- 1/4 c. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans washed, and cut into thirds
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard - (rounded)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans - (15 ounce) rinsed, liquid removed
- 1 can garbanzo beans - (15 ounce) rinsed, liquid removed
- 1/4 c. minced flat-leaf parsley Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place red potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Place pot on stove, cover and bring to a boil.
- Liberally salt water with coarse salt.
- Place a colander over boiling pot.
- Take your first ingredient from the bean salad, 1/2 lb.
- cut fresh green beans, and place them in the colander.
- Cover the colander with pot lid.
- Steam beans 5 min while potatoes boil below.
- Remove beans and cool shock under running water.
- Drain green beans and set aside.
- When the potatoes are just tender, about 12 min, remove from heat, turn off burner, drain potatoes and cool shock them under running water till just cold sufficient to handle.
- Coarsely chop potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
- Add in peppers, onions, mint, parsley and vinegar to the pot.
- Toss to allow the vinegar to absorb into the potatoes.
- Add in oil and stir the potatoes till they mash up a bit and salad has a spoonable consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, sugar and vinegar.
- Whisk in oil.
- Add in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green beans and parsley to the bowl and toss to coat bean salad proportionately with dressing.
- Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
- This recipe yields 8 servings of each salad.