Agasajos (Mexican Hot Chocolate) Recipe
- 4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1 pch saffron, threads
- 1 stk cinnamon
- 1 x dry arbol chili or possibly 1 dry pequin chili
- 1 x splash vanilla
- 4 ounce chocolate, semisweet, grated, or possibly, minced
- 1/4 c. sugar, optional
- 1/2 x orange, zest
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Remove chili and cinnamon.
- Let it simmer for a few min, then add in the chocolate.
- Whisk till the chocolate is combined, strain and serve.