Arrosto di Manzo -- Roast Beef, Sicilian Style
- 3 lb. Beef Rib
- Eye of Round Roast
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the entire surface of the roast, making sure all the meat has a light coating of oil.
- In a coffee mill, grind all the remaining ingredients until ground fine.
- When totally ground, rub the spice mixture into the roast thoroughly, making sure you work it into the meat just a bit.
- Insert a remote temperature probe directly into the center of the roast.
- If the roast is a bone in rib roast, avoid pushing the probe against or inbetween the rib bones.
- Place the roast on a rack in a low side pan and place in the center of the over.
- (The probe cable will come out of the door side and into the remote unit.)
- Roast the beef, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes per pound, or until the meat thermometer reads about 120-122 degrees.
- That should be a rare roast beef.
- If you want it rarer, like I do, stop the roasting process a few degrees earlier.
- Allow the roast to "rest" for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with REAL horseradish.