7-Up Lemon Pudding Cake with Strawberry Glaze
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package gelatin, unflavored
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 7-up divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 small pudding mix lemon, not instant
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam melted
- 1 x strawberries whole, fresh or frozen, thawed
- CRUST: Combine well the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and partway up sides of buttered 9" springform pan; chill.
- FILLING: Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup 7-up for 4 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine pie filling, sugar, beaten eggs and water.
- Blend well.
- Add 1 1/4 cup 7-up and bring just to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Stir in softened gelatin; cool 3 minutes.
- Mix together with remaining 7-up mixture and stir until well blended.
- Turn into chilled crust and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from pan and add topping.
- TOPPING: Brush top of chilled cake with melted jelly.
- Arrange strawberries upright on cake and spoon any remaining melted jelly over them.