- 7 tablespoons salted butter (7/8 of a stick)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (4-5 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (1/2 pint)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes (optional for garnish)
- Melt butter on medium heat (4/10).
- Mince garlic while butter is melting.
- Reduce heat to low once butter is melted.
- stir in parmesan followed by heavy cream.
- cover top of sauce with a thin layer of salt and pepper, and parsley (if desired).
- mix together until consistent and heated thoroughly.
- Sauce thickens as it sits/cools.