Asian Roast Lamb With Stir Fried Noodles And Spinach Recipe
- 1 x Half leg New Zealand lamb, weighing approximately 1.5kg (3lb 5z)
- 2 1/2 x Cm, (1") root ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 10 ml Bart Spices Chinese five spice pwdr, (2tsp) Salt & freshly grnd black pepper
- 400 ml Water, (14fl ounce)
- 2 x Lamb stock cubes
- 30 ml Cornflour, (2tbsp)
- 30 ml Sherry, (2tbsp)
- 15 ml Sesame oil, (1tbsp)
- 2 sht Sharwood's Noodles, blanched
- 40 gm Fresh spinach, finely shredded (11/2 ounce)
- Pierce the lamb with a knife in several places and insert the strips of ginger.
- Rub 5ml (1tsp) of the five spice pwdr over the lamb and season.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin in a preheated oven 180 C, 350 F, gas mark 4, for 25-30 min per 450g (1lb) plus 25-30 min.
- Remove the lamb from the roasting tin and keep hot.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices and add in the water and lamb stock cubes to the roasting tin.
- Bring to the boil on the hob and add in the cornflour blended with the sherry, stirring continuously till thickened.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan.
- Add in the blanched noodles, spinach and the remaining five spice pwdr.
- Stir fry for 1-2 min or possibly till the spinach has just wilted.
- Carve the lamb in thin slices and serve with noodles, spinach and gravy.
- NOTES : A joint of meat makes for easy entertaining, whether it is for Sunday lunch or possibly at any other time.
- For a roast with a difference, try this half leg of lamb flavoured with Chinese spices and accompanied by noodles and spinach.
- Cut up any leftover meat and use it for a stir-fry.