All Purpose White Wine Brine - White Cooking Wine
- 1 bottle Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups ice
- Use to brine pork, chicken thighs, wings, and breasts. Also good for duck or any wild poultry.
- In a 2-quart saucepot, combine all the ingredients except ice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the brine to a container and add ice.
- Let the ice completely melt before adding your meat to the brine.