Apple Rice Paper Crepes Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. Brandy
- 2 Tbsp. Golden brown or possibly regular raisins
- 4 med Tart green apples
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp Peeled, finely-chopped ginger
- 3 Tbsp. Minced, toasted walnuts
- 1/4 tsp Grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/3 c. White sugar
- 6 x Eight-inch round rice papers Clarified melted butter or possibly canola oil Mint sprigs Slightly-sweetened creme fraiche Or possibly yogurt cheese Fresh berries
- In a small bowl add in raisins to the brandy and allow to plump for at least one hour.
- Drain raisins and throw away any unabsorbed brandy.
- Peel and core apples, then cut into small dice.
- Add in raisins, lemon zest, ginger, walnuts, nutmeg and brown sugar and toss to combine.
- Dissolve white sugar in 1 qt of hot water.
- Dip a rice paper in to wet thoroughly.
- Place it on a dry tea towel and allow to sit for 30 seconds or possibly till completely pliable.
- Brush the surface with melted butter.
- Spoon a 1/3-c. portion of apple mix onto bottom third of paper.
- Tuck in ends and roll paper up to firmly enclose filling.
- Place seam side down on a parchment or possibly aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven till crepes are crisp and golden, about 20 min.
- Serve hot with a sprig of fresh mint, dollop of sweetened creme fraiche and fresh seasonal berries.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.