Apricot Sticky Muffins Recipe
- 1 c. apple juice
- 1/2 c. finely minced dry apricots
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. uncooked farina, (such as Cream of Wheat)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 c. stick margarine or possibly butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 lrg egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 ct (8-oz) plain fat-free yogurt Cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 .
- Combine apple juice and apricots in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent.
- Microwave at HIGH 3 min or possibly till apricot mix boils.
- Let stand, covered; cold completely.
- Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl, reserving apple juice.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring c., and level with a knife.
- Combine the flour and the next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl, and make a well in center of mix.
- Combine 3 Tbsp.
- reserved apple juice, margarine, vanilla, egg whites, and yogurt; stir well with a whisk.
- Add in to flour mix, stirring just till moist.
- Stir in reserved apricots.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin c. coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 20 min or possibly till muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
- Dip muffin tops in remaining apple juice; sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Description:"When your energy level is fading fast, these muffins are your ticket for a boost.
- Dry apricots and farina cereal increase the recipe's iron content."
- Yield:"1 Dozen"
- Tablespoons(Baking Time):"0:20"