Almond Pinecones Recipe
- 1 1/4 c. Whole natural almonds
- 8 ounce Cream cheese
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 5 slc Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. Green onion, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Dill weed
- 1/8 Tbsp. Pepper
- Spread almonds in a single layer in shallow pan.
- Bake at 300F, 15 min, stirring often, till almonds just begin to turn color.
- Combine cream cheese (let soften first) and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Add in bacon, onion, dill and pepper; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerateovernight.
- To serve, Form cheese mix into shapes of 2 pinecones on serving platter.
- Beginning at narrow end, press almonds at slight angle into cheese mix in rows.
- Continue overlapping rows till all cheese is covered.
- Garnish with artificial pine sprigs.
- Serve with crackers.
- Makes 1 1/2 c..