Apple Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening butter flavor
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, light firmly packed
- 1 each eggs
- 13 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats, quick cooking uncooked
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 each apples, granny smith peeled, cored, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375F (190C).
- Grease baking sheets.
- Place sheets of foil on counter top for cooling cookies.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk, honey and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well-blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in raisins, walnuts and apples.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.