Almond Spongecake Roll
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Almonds, divided
- 1 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan; line with wax paper.
- Grease and flour wax paper; set aside.
- Place flour, 1/2 cup of the almonds, the baking powder and salt in blender; cover.
- Blend until almonds are finely ground and mixture is well blended; set aside.
- Beat eggs, granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp.
- of the almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until thickened.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 min.
- or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately dust top with 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar; place clean kitchen towel on top of cake.
- Invert cake onto towel.
- Remove pan; carefully peel off paper.
- Dust cake with 1/4 cup of the remaining powdered sugar.
- Starting at one of the short sides, roll up cake and towel together.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp.
- almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add whipped topping; mix well.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto cake; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- Reroll cake; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.