Almond-Pistachio Saffron Curry Sauce
- 1/2 cup almonds raw un almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onions peeled, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Serve this smooth sauce on grilled meat or chicken breasts.
- One recipe will be enough for about 1 1/2 pounds of cooked meat.
- For an exotic twist on an old standby, simmer 1 1/2 Pounds of your favorite meatballs in it for 15 minutes.
- Combine almonds and pistachios in a 10-inch frying pan and dry-roast over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place in a blender or a food processor and reduce to a powder.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in saffron, cream, salt and powdered nuts.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 12 to 15 minutes.