7 Layer Casserole Recipe
- 1 x - 2 lbs. grnd chuck (depending on the size of your casserole dish)
- 1 c. rice - any kind (uncooked)
- 8 ounce bag of frzn corn (you can use canned)
- 2 x - 6oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 sm onion (diced)
- 1 x green pepper - diced (optional) salt and pepper
- 4 x to 6 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place rice on bottom of casserole dish, make an even layer.
- Place corn on top of rice and onion and pepper on top of corn.
- Salt and pepper.
- Place one can of sauce on top of which plus 1/2 of which can of water.
- Place beef on top of which proportionately distributed and salt and pepper again.
- Pour second can of sauce on top of beef along with 1/2 of which can of water.
- Top with strips of bacon.
- Cover and place in over for 45 min.
- Uncover and finish cooking 15 min or possibly till bacon crisps.
- I serve with crusty bread and butter and my husband and the kids love it.
- They like the leftovers as well because instead of microwaving I place them in a frying pan and reheat.
- It might crisp a little but the rice tastes great.