All-Purpose Japanese Leek and Oil Sauce - Great with Steamed Chicken
- 1 Japanese leek
- 1/2 tsp Coarse salt
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 slice Chicken ham
- Cut the whole Japanese leek diagonally into thin slices.
- Transfer into a container, and mix with salt and sesame oil.
- Leave it for about 0.5~1 hour.
- (I used 2 leeks in the picture.)
- When it's wilted, it's done.
- You can keep it in the fridge for 1~2 days.
- It's delicious to serve on top of chicken ham.
- (Refer to "" for the chicken ham.)
- Serving on a single plate makes it look like a cafe-style dish.
- Tear the chicken ham (or steamed chicken), and mix with shichimi spice and white sesame seeds.
- It's a great way to prepare an easy drinking appetizer.
- It's delicious as a garnish on natto and tofu, mixed in pasta, or sprinkled on ramen.
- It's an all-purpose topping.