Ashley's Angel Food Cake
- 12 egg whites
- 1 12 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 cups sugar
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 12 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites (at room temp) until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle flour over egg mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, fold in carefully.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Pour batter into an UNGREASED 10 inch tube pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert pan over a bottle, cool 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove from pan.