- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast; trimmed and sliced very thin
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper; medium slice
- 1/2 green bell pepper; medium slice
- 1/2 large yellow onion; medium slice
- 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic; minced
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 kosher salt; as needed
- 1 vegetable oil; as needed
- In a food processor, combine vinegar and soy sauce.
- Slowly drizzle in sesame oil to temporarily emulsify.
- (Ground mustard powder will help)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan, fry pan, or wok.
- Add chicken, onions, and bell peppers.
- Stir and toss fast and frequently.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add garlic.
- Whisk cold water and cornstarch together.
- Add sauce to pan.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan.
- Bring to boil to activate cornstarch.
- Variations; Coconut milk, corn oil, roasted garlic, tamari, black pepper, boneless/skinless chicken thigh, shrimp, steak, pork, mirin, ginger, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, shallots, jalapenos, paprika, sesame seeds, sake, celery, peanuts, baby corn, peapods, bamboo shoots, sweet corn, basil