Apple Cider Ice Recipe
- 10 c. Unfiltered apple cider Peel of 1 orange
- 2 x Cinnamon sticks
- 1 pch Grated nutmeg - (lg healthy pinch)
- 6 whl cloves
- 1/2 c. Calvados or possibly apple brandy
- 2 1/2 c. Sugar syrup (2 c. water and 1/2 c. sugar, heated till sugar dissolves)
- 4 c. Sparkling cider
- 4 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Heat till the mix begins to simmer.
- Decrease to medium-low heat and let the mix steep and reduce (but don't let boil) to 8 c., about 1 hour.
- Chill till cool.
- Pour reduced liquid into a shallow pan.
- Freeze, stirring every 1/2 hour, till hard, about 3 to 4 hrs.
- This recipe yields 2 qts.