Agua de Guayaba
- 1 pound guavas (8 to 10 guavas)
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more if needed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Rinse the guavas and use the tip of a knife to remove the bottom part that feels a little hard.
- Coarsely chop the guavas and put them in a blender.
- Add the water and sugar and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher, if desired.
- Taste and add more sugar if you like.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Serve over ice.