All-Day Bolognese Sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 12 lb beef neck bone
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- In a large pot, saute onion, garlic, oregano, and basil with the ground beef.
- Add the neck bones and let simmer with the lid on until the onions are transparent.
- Add the tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and water.
- Cover and simmer for several hours.
- Before serving, remove and discard the neck bones.
- Serve over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.