Apple Butter Muffins Recipe
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 c. apple butter
- 1/2 c. butter or possibly margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 c. skim lowfat milk
- 2 x Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients) and make a well in the center.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).
- Pour wet mix into the "well" of the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (10-15 strokes).
- Mix in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin c. (if you do not use muffin liners, spray the pan with cooking spray).
- Bake 20-25 min, till cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to cooling rack and cold 5 mins.
- before removing muffins from tin.
- *not* let muffins cold completely in the tin.)