20 Minute Ham & Bean Soup
- 1 medium carrot, small dice
- 1 large stalk celery, small dice
- 1/2 medium onion, small dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 4 can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 pound boiled ham, large chop
- 2-3 shakes Tabasco
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire
- With the pressure cooker set to saute, add the olive oil and carrots to the cookpot.
- Saute for around 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and celery to cookpot and continue stirring and sauteing.
- Stir in the sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf.
- Saute for another 3 minute, occasionally stirring.
- Add the ham and stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add all 4 cans of beans, juice included, to the cookpot and stir to incorporate.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock it into place.
- Reset the pressure cooker to high pressure and set the cooking time for 5 minutes.
- Press the start button.
- The pressure cooker will take a few minutes to come up to the correct temperature and pressure.
- Once it does, it will begin counting down the cooking time.
- When the pressure cooker reaches 0, it will automatically set itself to warming mode.
- Unplug and allow it to sit for 7 minutes to release the pressure naturally.
- With a pot-holder covered hand, manually release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the dashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire.
- Serve hot with cornbread.