Apple Cinnamon Tart
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 large apples peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice room temp
- 13 cup water cold
- 1 package gelatin, unflavored
- 2 cups yogurt, non-fat
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Prepare a pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Toss with 1/4 cup apple juice.
- Press onto bottom of pie plate.
- Bake 5 minutes or until set.
- In a mixing bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice; arrange on cooled crust in pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and remaining 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water mixture; let stand 3 minutes to soften.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add yogurt, honey, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and almond extract; blend well.
- Pour over apples in crust.
- Chill several hours or overnight.