Almond-filled Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 24 Almonds, Blanched
- 6 strips Thick Cut Bacon
- Note: You can add a little bit of cream cheese into the date before adding in the almonds.
- I drizzled a tiny amount of maple syrup on top of a few dates when they were almost finished baking to give them some extra sticky sweetness.
- Slice the dates lengthwise using a small paring knife on one side.
- Remove the pit.
- Fill the empty cavity of the dates with the almonds.
- The size of your dates and almonds will determine how many almonds per date.
- I used 2-3 almonds per date.
- Close the dates by pressing the sides back together.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half crosswise.
- Wrap each date with a piece of the cut bacon and place seam side down on a broiler pan.
- Repeat for all of the bacon and dates.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes or until bacon is browned crisp throughout.
- Take out to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.