- 2 12 lbs skirt steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) bottleof herbs and garlic oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 teaspoons new mexico chile powder
- 1 12 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro or 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix all ingredients together except for meat to make marinade.
- Pour over meat and marinade for 6 8 hours prior to cooking.
- Grill over direct heat (mesquite coals are best) for 6 10 min depending on how you like your meat cooked.
- Baste with marinade while cooking and immediately slice (45 degree angle diagonal cut to the grain).
- If cooking on the stove, slice first and use a griddle on medium heat.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, salsa and warmed flour tortillas.