Apple and Brie Quesadillas
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 8 -inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces brie cheese, sliced (rind removed)
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss the apple slices with 2 teaspoons olive oil and cook, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lay the tortillas on a cutting board.
- Top each with one-quarter each of the grilled apple and brie on one side, then fold the tortillas in half to cover the filling.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, cook the quesadillas until golden brown and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix the mustard and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Slice each quesadilla into wedges.
- Drizzle with the maple-mustard syrup and top with the bacon.
- Photograph by Kat Teutsch