Amaranth, Fig And Arugula Salad With Sesame Dres Recipe
- 1/2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Amaranth, uncooked
- 2 1/4 c. Vegetable stock
- 2 c. Beans, cooked (white or possibly red kidney)
- 10 x Calmyrna figs, dry, minced
- 1/3 c. Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- 1/4 c. Tahini
- 1/2 c. Orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 c. ,water Salt to taste
- 8 c. Salad greens, mixed Or possibly romaine, shredded
- 1 c. Arugula, minced
- Amaranth: Hot oil in a 2-qt saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add in mustard and sesame seeds, cover partially and toast about 30 seconds, or possibly till the sesame seeds darken a shade or possibly two.
- Stir in amaranth till grains are coated with oil.
- Add in stock or possibly water and bring to a boil.
- Reduceheat to low and simmer till grains are tender and liquied has been absorbed, about 20 min.
- Mix in beans and figs, cover and set aside for 5 min.
- Stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Salad and Dressing: Combine tahini, orange juice, water and salt in a blender and process till smooth.
- Set aside.
- Rinse leafy greens and arugula.
- Spin-dry or possibly pat between towels to remove excess water.
- To serve: Place amaranth mix in the center of 6 plates.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and surround with salad greens.
- Drizzle with dressing.