Aretha Franklin's Peach Cobbler
- 2 can (8 1/2 oz.) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 stick unsalted butter, divided, 1 stick cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 store bought refrigerated pie doughs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 canola oil spray
- 1 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large saucepan, add peaches, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bring to simmer.
- Add bread crumbs and stir.
- Using a sprinkle of flour, roll out both pie, crusts; 1 will be used for the top of the cobbler and 1 for the bottom.
- Spray 10-inch square pan or pie pan with canola oil and place 1 layer of dough into the baking dish.
- Place a few chips of butter, as well as a dusting of the remaining sugar, on the bottom crust.
- Pour the peach mixture into the baking dish.
- Cut the top layer of dough into strips and arrange them on the top of the peaches in a lattice pattern.
- Top with 3 or 4 chips of butter and bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is Brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.