Angels on horseback
- 16 large shucked oysters
- 8 slices lean bacon
- 16 rectangles buttered toast (see recipe)
- Preheat the oven to high (500 to 525 degrees); see note
- Pat the oysters dry.
- Cut each slice of bacon crosswise in half.
- Wrap each oyster in half a slice of bacon and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- Arrange the wrapped oysters on a rack and place in the oven.
- Bake eight to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels and serve each oyster in bacon on a rectangle of buttered toast.