Apricot Cake Bars Recipe
- 2/3 c. Dry apricots packed
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Flour (divided use)
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 x A dash of salt
- 1 c. Brown sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Walnuts minced Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put apricots in small pan, cover with water and boil gently 10 min.
- Drain off the water, cold and cut into small pcs.
- Cut the butter, sugar and 1 c. of flour together till crumbly.
- Press into a greased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 min, or possibly till lightly browned.
- Sift together the remaining 1/2 c. flour, baking pwdr and salt.
- In large bowl beat together the brown sugar and Large eggs till light.
- Stir in vanilla, the flour mix, apricots and nuts.
- Spread over the baked base.
- Bake for about 30 min, or possibly till set and browned.
- Cold, then cut into bars.
- Wrap and freeze.
- Provide a small bag of confectioners' sugar tosprinkle on top when ready to serve.