Apricot Shortbread Macaroons Recipe
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 2/3 c. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 7 ounce almond paste
- 1 x egg white
- 2/3 c. apricot or possibly raspberry preserves
- In a bowl quickly combine flour, butter and sugar.
- Form a dough.
- Chill for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, beat egg white gently.
- Add in to almond paste and stir to blend well.
- This can be done easily in the food processor.
- Roll chilled dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- With a cookie cutter cut out 1 1/2 - to 2-inch rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry bag with a medium star tip, pipe the almond paste mix around the edges of each cookie to create a rim.
- Place a teaspoonful of the jam in the middle.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 min till lightly browned.
- Let cookies cold slightly before removing them.
- Place on a rack to cold completely.
- Makes 16 cookies.
- I got this cookie recipe from a friend a couple of years ago.
- I like them a lot because they've got everything which I've ever liked in them.
- They've got the almond taste on the top as well as the really nice shortbread cookie on the bottom, and they look really pretty on a cookie platter.
- They're crisp and soft and sweet.
- I vary the jams for different colors and different flavors.