Almonds Mocha Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Instant coffee granules
- 1 x Egg white
- 2 c. Whole natural almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In container of electric blender, combine all ingredients except egg white and almonds.
- Blend 30 seconds, pulsing on and off; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk egg white till opaque and frothy.
- Add in almonds; toss to coat.
- Add in sugar mix; toss gently to coat proportionately.
- Oil, or possibly coat a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange almonds on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake in center of oven 15 min.
- Gently toss almonds and arrange again in single layer.
- Continue to bake 15 min longer; toss gently.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave almonds in oven with door ajar 15 min.
- Remove from oven; cold completely.
- Lansing State Journal, 12-8-97,