- 5 apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 12 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Make filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, half of the cinnamon, salt, vanilla and water.
- Mix thouroughly.
- Fold in apples into filling mixture and coat evenly.
- Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Pur apple mixture into baking dish.
- Make crumble topping: In a large mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, oats and melted butter.
- Mix well with a pastry blender or spatula.
- Spread crumble mixture over apples and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.