All Natural Chocolate Chunk & Almond Butter Whoopie Pies
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) boxdreams gluten-free chocolate cake mix
- 13 cup room temperature water
- 2 eggs
- 14 cup grapeseed oil
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, diced into small chunks
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh ground almonds
- 12 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 cup honey
- 12 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 4-15x10 1/2 inch jelly roll pans with Reynolds Wrap Foil.
- Grease each foil-lined pan with 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and grapeseed oil.
- Stir in dark chocolate chunks.
- Batter will be thick.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons onto prepared pans, 12 per pan, approximately 1 1/2 " apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 2 minutes on baking pan then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip up the filling by beating together the powdered sugar, ground almonds, heavy cream, vanilla, honey, unsalted butter, and xanthan gum.
- Drop 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of 24 of the cooled, chocolate cakes.
- Carefully top those cakes with the remaining 24 cakes, pressing lightly to spread filling.
- Wrap individual pies in Reynolds Clear Plastic Wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat!