Apple Pie Surprise Diabetic
- 6 apples, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 34 cup water
- 13 cup whole wheat flour
- 12 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a saucepan, add apples, water and half of of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Cook until almost tender.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter and cut into dry ingredients with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture until crumbly.
- Turn apple mixture into 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.