Afternoon Apple Snacks
- 2 Red Delicious apples
- lemon juice
- 12 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 whole graham crackers
- Core apples and cut each in half; cut each half into 3 wedges to make a total of 12 wedges.
- Dip wedges in lemon juice to prevent browning and place in a single layer on microwave-safe plate or baking dish.
- Cover loosely with waxed paper and microwave on high (100 percent) 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until apples are tender and hold their shape.
- Drain apples on paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Snap graham crackers in half to make 12 square crackers.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter mixture on each of six square crackers; top each with 2 apple wedges.
- Top with remaining graham cracker squares to sandwich snacks.