Almond Chicken with Lemon Cream
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grainy style
- Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Dredge chicken with flour and shake off any excess.
- Combine eggs with salt and pepper.
- In another dish combine bread crumbs and almonds.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then pat crumb mixture onto chicken breasts.
- Arrange in one layer on a cookie sheet or tray and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cook gently 5-6 minutes on each side until lightly browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm at 200F while preparing sauce.
- Wipe pan clean and return to heat.
- Add lemon juice, mustard and cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle over chicken breasts.