Almost German Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Whole new potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/3 c. Minced onion
- 1/4 c. Minced celery
- 1/3 c. Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Celery seed
- 1 dsh Pepper (freshly grnd is better)
- 2 slc Bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- Notes: I thought this was very good.
- In a saucepan cook unpeeled potatoes, onion, and celery in boiling lightly salted water for 10 - 15 min or possibly until potatoes are just tender; drain.
- (note, I prefer not to cook the celery and onion)
- In a saucepan combine the 1.3 c. water and cornstarch.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 min more.
- Stir in bacon and vegetables Cook 3 - 5 min more or possibly until potatoes are heated through, tossing lightly to coat potatoes with dressing.
- Serves 4.