Arroz Mexican Style
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 4 ounces salt-free tomato sauce
- Heat Oil up in a sauce pan, heavy or medium sauce pan will do.
- Brown the Rice.
- Here is where you have to be careful make sure you constantly stir the rice while browing it.
- The rice is done browning when its has taken a white opaque color, and if you can smell a sweet musty smell coming from the pot.
- Add the Hot Water, Tomatoe Sauce, and Chicken Bouillon to the rice.
- (Optional) taste water mixture add more Bouillon to taste if you want more.
- Cover and let it cook over medium heat.
- Stir contents from time to time to make sure rice does not stick to bottom of pot.
- Rice is done when you either the idividiual rice grains are butterfly slit down the middle.
- Or when you no longer see anymore white whole grains.
- Most of the time the water gets absorved by the rice or it evaporates leaving you nice cooked rice behind.