Anzac Biscuits (Cookies)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked (regular oatmeal)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (same thing) or 1 teaspoon baking soda (same thing)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Sift the flour and combine with the oats, coconut, and brown sugar.
- Melt the butter and Golden Syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Mix the baking soda with water and add to the Golden Syrup and butter.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Put dollops about 1 tbsp large onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.