Aromatic Striped Bass Alla Yulia Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb Striped bass whole, cleaned
- 1/2 x Leek cut in long strips
- 1/2 c. Sliced anise bulb
- 2 x Carrots sliced
- 4 x White potatoes cut in 3/4" pcs
- 2 lrg Shiitake mushrooms (plus their soaking water if dry) Few sprigs of parsley
- 1/2 c. White wine
- 2 Tbsp. Mirin (Japanese)
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Roasted sesame oil
- 1/3 c. Water Salt to taste
- Rub the fish with salt, and lay some of the leek strips inside it, as well as a few sprigs of parsley.
- Put the carrots on the botom of the clay pot, then the fish, surrounded by the anise, leeks, and mushrooms, and put the potatoes on top.
- Mix together the white wine, mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil and water, and pour over the potatoes.
- Cover the clay pot, and place it in a cool oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees.
- After 30 min, check if the fish is ready.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.