?Steak? and Bake
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, white, red-skinned or Yukon gold
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium-sized leeks, rinsed and thinly sliced widthwise
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 6 oz. soy steak strips
- 8 oz. shredded low-fat Swiss, such as Jarlsberg, or soy cheese
- 1 Tbs. Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse potatoes, and place in large saucepan with water to cover.
- Cover pan, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender, for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute leeks and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes, or until leeks start to brown.
- Add steak strips, and saute for 5 minutes more.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Slice potatoes in half, and add to skillet.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown.
- Meanwhile, toss steak mixture with shredded cheese and mustard, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, and place mixture into 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve.